Try #2

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pearl Harbor Film

Last weekend we shot a pretty cool film set during the attack on Pearl Harbor. It has been in the works for a long time, but we just haven't had the chance to film it. The whole thing actually started around January when Jacob read a script by our friend, and decided to make one last student film. Things got side tracked, with people, scheduling, and school politics, so we rescheduled for this fall. It was a fun shoot, and this time I opted to do production design and ended up doing costumes as well. Oh, and of course, Jacob directed. Making Provo look like Hawaii in 1941 was not easy, but I think it turned out really great. Check it out:I took these on my iphone, so they aren't the best quality.... But I hoping that machine on the desk looks kind of like a crytograph.
Here Ruth is being interrogated. It's too bad I didn't get a picture of the WWII jeeps and men in uniforms! They all looked so good! I was really happy with how it all looked.


I don't think I could really do costumes again, that was really tough, but I enjoyed production design. I would definitely do it again for another shoot. Once the film gets finished up we are going to send it around to festivals. It's artsy, so I think it has a good chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment